Blackjack is popular all over the world and it’s one of the most played card games in every casino. One of the reasons why a lot of people enjoy playing blackjack is because the house edge is fairly small plus you’re able to make the edge even smaller by applying the tips that we’re going to share with you today. Blackjack does have some luck involved in it, but at the same time there is also a lot of strategy involved in how you play the game.
· The first tip that I want to start you off with is a beginner tip that some of you may already implement. You should never buy insurance when you’re playing blackjack on pokerstars, unless you’re counting cards and have a strong feeling that the deck is loaded with big cards. If you’re just playing blackjack casually then you definitely don’t want to buy insurance because over the long haul it’s a losing wager.
· Although splitting your pairs can be profitable in some instances you never want to break up a 20 unless you’re counting cards and you’re sure the deck is loaded with more 10’s. Breaking up a 20 just isn’t that smart because the simple fact that it’s better winning one hand then losing two. The only hand that you can really split 100% of the time are two aces because it’ll give you two great chances at hitting a blackjack.
· Part of playing blackjack is knowing when to hit and when to stand. If the dealer is showing a low card such as a 2-6 then you should be really cautious about taking a card. You don’t want to bust when the dealer’s up card is a 2-6 because the chances of the dealer busting is high. On the other hand you also need to know when to take a card. If you’re sitting with a 16 or 17 you might not want to take a card because the chances of busting are high, but if the dealer is showing an Ace – Nine then you don’t have many options because chances are they’re going to beat your hand.
· Not all blackjack tips relate to how you should play your hand either. In order to have long-term success playing blackjack you need to learn several other skills including bankroll management. Managing your bankroll in an online casino isn’t that difficult because most of them allow bets as small as $1, but in land-based casinos you may find that the minimums are anywhere from $5-$100/hand. You should try to only wager about 2-5% of your bankroll on each hand although you can also adjust accordingly if you’ve been counting cards.
· Picking a blackjack table is also apart of playing the game. If the maximum you can have at the table is $500 and you see a lot of players with stacks well over $500 then you can assume they’ve been doing well at the table. You want to try and always find blackjack tables where the players are winning and having a good time. If the players all have small stacks and there isn’t much chatter going around the table then you probably don’t want to play at that table.